Sunday 23 December 2012

In Sewing News Today...

This evening I discovered Downton Abbey. I stumbled onto season 2, episode 5. Oh my goodness, the costumes are exquisite. I know, where have I been? I feel ill-prepared to speak about the costumes or the show, I didn't even catch the whole episode. But I did see some lovely blouses and skirt details.

Let's just say my mind was blown away by the work of the costume department for this show. Absolutely beautiful.

Besides watching some television, I did manage to get some sewing done. I'm slowly working on the men's vest, Simplicity 4762.

All the darts are sewn, the lining has been has stitched into place, trimmed and turned. I'm taking a break from painstakingly basting the edges before pressing.

Tomorrow morning, I hope to finish up basting, pressing, sewing the side seams, buttonholes and buttons.

Happy Sewing!






7 comments:

  1. I only caught glimpses of the first series, but last night the third was advertised ready to hit the screens in the New Year. Think I might just have to save this timeslot in my day and watch it...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think I might actually try to hunt down season one and two. I wonder if it is out on DVD?

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the DA fan club and happy holidays. Can't wait for third season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would be looking forward to a show this much after seeing just a wee bit of it, oh the costumes are glorious!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, yeeeees! Downton Abbey is sheer heaven for us lovers of exquisite costume details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a red skirt with button details on the back. I was searching for it on the web but couldn't find it... the clothes are incredible, aren't they?

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...