Wednesday 27 March 2024

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

 


This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to the hemline that made it so.  I trimmed a small piece from the back after laying the pre-hemmed top on the table and using the front centre length as a guide.  As I tried to press the hem up I noticed that the side seam at the hemline could use a bit of trimming as well.  That eliminated the hi-low hem that I was trying to avoid.  Hi-low hems seem to work on a taller frame than mine.  This version, I did not cut two inches shorter as I did on the second version.  

The sleeves were kept the same length as the first and second versions, lengthened nine inches.  The hems have a one inch allowance and have been finished with a coverstitch machine. 

Ebony is a keeper, right after I transfer the hemline changes to the pattern pieces.  It's well drafted and a wonderful pattern for beginners, highly recommended.  

The fabric is a cotton knit from Northwest / Marshall Fabrics.  It is the same print and fabric used for this dress, just a different colour.  It was pre-treated with a toss in the wash and dryer before hitting the ironing board for a steam press.  


Project details

Seams:  Knit (lightening bolt) stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  1.7 metres


Pattern
Closet Core Ebony

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushion, fabric scissors, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, Janome Cover Pro, screwdriver, Janome serger, threads, thread clippers, iron, and ironing board.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...