Simplicity 9372 came into the stash because I was smitten over the look of the wrap shrug. And then it sat waiting for me to decide on the right fabric. This cotton lace knit was just the fabric to motivate me to give this pattern a try.
I will admit that I wasn't impressed with the pattern as soon as I slipped it out of the envelope. The first thing I noticed is how thin the instruction sheet paper was to the touch. Not a big deal just something I noticed. It wasn't the quality or weight of older pattern instruction sheets. It was more of a cultural nod to shrink and skimp-flation. And then I unfold the pattern paper sheets and noticed that the printing was non-existent at certain spots across the sheets of tissue paper. I was not at all impressed. How a printed pattern ended up in a pattern envelope in this condition is beyond me, where's the quality control? Oh yeah, we're living in the age of shrink and skimp-flation.
I'm not so smitten with this wrap shrug now that it's all sewn up. It's a meh item that ended up in the donation box. I cut the bodice piece as a size small because I'm not tall and thought it would be too long. That was a mistake. I wish it was wider, it could have been if I cut a large. The picture on the envelope looked wider than the one I made. But don't let my experience with this pattern discourage you if you're into the nineteen nineties revival that seems to be trending now-a-days, then maybe give it a try. Who knows, you may have a better experience with this pattern.
Sewing IS Political
This is another Canadian made and tariff free project. The fabric came from Lilax Studio, a Canadian fabric outlet. The pattern, Simplicity 9372, was released prior the convicted felon's global tariffs. It was purchased from Simplicity's website and has been sitting in the stash until I could decide on a fabric for this project. The scissors used to cut this project are from Merchant and Mills, a U.K. company and were purchased from The Workroom, a Canadian fabric outlet. The threads were pulled from the stash and were purchased at Fabricland, another Canadian fabric outlet.
Project details
Seams: Knit (lightning bolt) stitch
Seam finish: Serged
Fabric: 1.2 metres
Additional Tools and Supplies: Cutting table, fabric scissors, paper scissors, pins, pin cushion, tailor's chalk, Janome 4120 QDC sewing machine, walking foot, Janome AirThread 2000D serger, threads, thread clippers and tea.
Stand strong, elbows up and keep on sewing.

No comments:
Post a Comment