Thursday 21 March 2024

Stash Busting: Cotton Knit T-Shirt / Closet Core Ebony


This is the second time I pulled out the Closet Core's Ebony pattern.  The first time was to make view A, the dress.  I ended up taking it in to reduce the fullness.  This time, I made the raglan sleeve t-shirt, view C.  I was looking for something that would be loose enough to wear over a brace.  This time all that fullness is just what I am looking for, it's perfect.  There were a few small changes made to the pattern.  I eliminated the hi-lo hem and lengthened the sleeves nine inches.  

The light-weight cotton knit has been in the stash for decades.  It was previously washed and dried before hitting the cutting table.  


Project details

Seams:  Knit (lightning bolt) stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Hem finish:  Coverstitch

Fabric:  1.7 metres


Pattern
:  Closet Core Ebony

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, paper scissors, fabric scissors, iron, ironing board, pins, pin cushion, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, Janome CoverPro, Janome serger, threads, thread clippers, sleeve ham, tailor's ham and tea.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...