Saturday 15 December 2012

When will I learn?

Never sew before the first cup of coffee.

I was stalled at the neckband and collar section of men's shirt that is on my sewing table. I feared the 5/8" seam allowance and longed for a 3/8" allowance just like the Connie Crawford shirt. That and feeling burnt out this week kept me from moving forward.

I'm back at it today. I'm feeling a little lazy, but I'm back. I decided that trimming the seam allowances down to 3/8" was too much work. Sew, I decided to carry on the way McCall's patterns intended me to, with 5/8" seam allowances. Yup, I'm being lazy.

I basted, I topstitched and even graded my collar seam allowances with care. Just when I was feeling so proud of myself and sauntering off to the ironing board to press, I caught the error of my ways.

Can you see it? Yup, I forgot to turn up the seam allowance of the neckband facing.

I need to finish that morning cup of coffee before I continue with my sauntering to press find the seam ripper.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...