Sunday 6 November 2011

Sneak peek

Have you ever heard the saying don't sew over pins?
Sometimes I live dangerously.   
I'm spending my Saturday night at home sewing. I know, what an exciting social life. Please don't be jealous.

Along with all the sewing fun, I have also broke a sewing needle while sewing over a pin, stabbed myself while pinning the pocket facing, realized that I didn't cut the back skirt lining on the fold.

With all of this you might be wondering why I'm having so much fun.

It is because I am thrilled with how the Vogue 8577 dress is turning out despite all the near mishaps.

Here is a sneak peek. I'm just taking a break and hope to head back to work shortly. There is still quite a bit of work to do and I doubt I will finish it tonight but hopefully this weekend.


Centre back gathered detail
Front skirt pocket




















And I decided on these buttons! I was considering self-covered buttons, but these were in my button stash and I think they will work nicely.

1 comment:

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...