Sunday 27 November 2011

When I'm not sewing...

When I'm not sewing, I'm cooking.

Papa R loves chicken pies. He loves them so much that he can't resist them when he finds them on sale.

It is a forbidden love, well it should be, you see those store bought chicken pies are dangerous. Have you checked out the fat and calorie count on one of those babies?

I want Papa R to stick around for many more years so I spent my afternoon making a healthier version, and it passed the taste test. He's a great cook, so it is rare to get a compliment.

I was inspired by a recipe I found in The Looneyspoons Collection.  Seriously, I love this cookbook as much as Papa R loves chicken pies.  I used the "Starving Guy Chicken Pie (2)" recipe for the filling (you can find it here) and instead of making the biscuit crust I used puff pastry that I had at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...