Wednesday 17 May 2023

Me Made May 2023: From the Me-Made Collection (Part II)

 

The sunshine came out and it's starting to warm up again but it was all about managing back pain and finding easy to wear items.  

The thunderstorm held off until the evening allowing for some flower bed clean up and errands to be done.  

After a haircut appointment and afternoon bath, a second Eva dress made an appearance.  

This week is ending like it began, not feeling my best.  Back pain.  Wrist is still not as flexible as pre-cast and just fatigued.  


I was hoping to get the grass cut today but it didn't happen.  

Sometimes I forget how much pink is sitting in the closet.  

The cotton shirt was worn with jeans and rubber boots as I tried to get the grass cut before the heat settled in for the day.  I only made it half way through before I had to give up.  I'm not a fan of the heat.  And it's tick season so long sleeves and jeans are a must.  The skirt was worn with a RTW t-shirt that I altered years ago.  


It's all about wearing comfortable cottons today.  Another hot day.  


Rainy afternoon was in the forecast so the wool pieces came out of the closet.  

What did I learn this week about my me-made wardrobe?  Well, it is true that loved clothes last and that it does not end once an item leaves the sewing machine.  Many of these pieces have required some tender loving mending over the years to remain in rotation.  And all those Eva dresses are so comfortable and have passed the test of time.  It's one of my favourite warm weather picks.  But I really need to get to work on adding flannel sleepwear into the rotation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...