Monday 8 May 2023

Me Made May 2023: From the Me-Made Collection (Part I)

The weather is all over the place and so are my clothing choices.  The only consistency in the first part of the Me-Made-May has been a selection natural fibre fabrics and a lot of pull-on clothing items.   


The wrap dress was chosen because of its easy access (no zips or buttons) and short sleeves since I woke up with the cast.  Thankfully, it came off today!  The sweater was worn under a RTW denim jacket because it was cool this morning and only a high of plus ten (Celsius) today.  Once I realized that it was windy, I regretted the decision to wear the wrap dress.  Thank goodness Diane Von Furstenberg designed a dress with ample skirt coverage even for a windy day.  And flannel pajamas because they are just too cozy.  


Wow!  I didn't expect my hand to feel as sore as it did today which surprised me while getting dressed.  Although, it was great not having choice limited to what would fit over the cast. It was all about choosing items without zippers and buttons and dressing in layers that could be peeled off as the weather warmed up throughout the day.  


First time it felt like summer this year!  And that sunshine, woohoo!  No jacket or coat needed today.  Although, I did wear a sweater this morning.  Today's clothing choices were all about avoiding zippers and buttons.  Easy comfortable pull-over or pull-on pieces ruled as me-made picks.   


Spring cleaning and going through the closet to assess what needs fixing or needs to become something new.  Not these me-made pieces, they were perfect to throw on and get to work.  


Today's me-mades were all about being comfortable for a pretty low key day at home and running errands.  


This is not the whole picture.  This morning was dedicated to yardwork and for that I wore RTW clothing (jeans and a sweatshirt).    


It was another low key day close to home and running errands.  I wore a RTW jean jacket when out-and-about but it did not feel warm enough for the cloudy day.  Rain is in the forecast for the next few days and the warmth of the sun is already missed.  The Tulip Dress is the only item worn this week that has a back zipper.  Thankfully, it is not needed.  I can wear it as a pull-on dress.  


Rainy and cold day calls for flannel, tweed and a sweater.  

What I've discovered so far?  I want another pair of flannel pajamas in the mix.  And I really would like to have another pair of Vogue 9246 pants maybe in a wool suiting fabric.  I'm not sure when I will find the time to get on those wish list items though.  Right now there are a couple of projects for others on the worktable.  But only time will tell.  

Until then, Happy Sewing!  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...