Tuesday 16 May 2023

In Sewing News Today...

This silk top was recently added back into the wardrobe rotation after it was altered with a hem band.


And then it accidently found its way into a regular cycle load of laundry.  [Insert great disappointment.]  And now it is no longer part of the wardrobe as it shrunk and no longer fits.  Too bad there isn't a method to unshrink silk noir.  

~sigh~

It's on the scraps cutting pile to see if I upcycle that beautiful fabric into something else.  

This past weekend at the mall, there was art displays by the neighbourhood elementary to high school students' work.  This t-shirt message caught my attention and produced a chuckle and nod.  


It had a retro feel from the distance with the oversized t-shirt style.  A sort of Katherine Hamnent vibe was going on.  And then at a closer look the red rhinestones killed that vibe.  Ah, the wisdom and dreams of youth.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if people didn't judge and gossip about others based on what they wear?  

I dropped off some items at the second hand store and received a 20% off coupon for the donation.  So, I made my way inside to check out the second hand finds.  


I came across this uncut, out-of-print (OOP) and factory-folded (FF) Simplicity 7018 robe pattern.  It's a thirty-nine cent find before the discount.  Sweet deal!  I quite like the raglan sleeves on this one.  And there is a Katia sweatshirt weight knit with a penguin print sitting in the fabric stash.  They will make a fun robe for the winter.  Hmmm, I think I found my next sewing project.  I just need to pretreat my fabric, check the zipper stash and get started on this one.  

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...