Wednesday 31 May 2023

May in Review...

Sewing, Alterations and Mending Projects

There was some sewing!  Top L to R:  Cotton pullover top (I AM CLOHETTE by IAMPATTERNS), cotton sweatshirt fleece robe (out-of-print 7018), cotton t-shirt (out-of-print Vogue 9057), cotton / polyester Henley style men's shirt (McCall's 6973), cotton / polyester men's sweatpants (out-of-print Kwik Sew 3663), pink wool pull-on pants (out-of-print Butterick 6717).  


Remember that silk noir top that I altered last month?  It shrank.  ~sigh~  It happened when it accidently ended up in a regular load of laundry instead of the delicates.  It's back on the alteration / mending pile to be cut up and see if I can save some of that beautiful fabric.  

Stash busting

There were 10.4 metres of fabric, 2 metres of elastic, 4 buttons, 1 -- 22" invisible zipper, 5 spools of thread and 2 labels stash busted this month.  As well, one and a half metres of fabric were added and used this month.  


Me-Made-May 


The Me-Made-May challenge was to re-think my me-made items into something more suited to my current stage of life.  Pull-on and easy accessible clothing are my dream pieces to wear.  There wasn't anything Me Made May revealed that I wanted to add to my wardrobe.  But it did reveal that there are items hanging in the wardrobe that shouldn't be there because they don't quite fit my body and current lifestyle.  Items that can be refashioned into something more suitable.  Stay tuned.  

Happy Sewing!   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...