Monday 12 July 2021

Rescue Sewing: OOP Vogue 9060 Skirt Minus Vogue 1312 Bodice

Six years ago, I merged two favourite patterns to create this dress.  Since that time, I've outgrown it and last year with the pandemic and the addition of pandemic pounds, it didn't even see the light of day.  


Since I still wear the first Vogue 9060 skirt I've made, I thought I would try to rescue this by changing it back to a skirt.  

I cut the bodice off at the seam line, serged the edge, turned it over, pressed and then sewed a casing for an elastic waistline.  


It's a nice light cotton knit skirt that I can add to the rotation of summer clothes I can wear this year.  And it feels good to save another item.  

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...