Sunday 4 July 2021

In Sewing News Today...

The place that I was working this past year had an award ceremony.  Everyone received an "award" as fun way to introduce the person.  


The funny part of this is that my sewing mojo has been down the toilet for the past year.  Maybe even longer.  And the only dresses I've made in this time have been because I had gained weight and needed something to wear.  This past year, I've sewn more facemasks and scrub caps for others than I have dresses.  I stopped because I needed a break.  And at one point, I even gave away one of my sewing machines because I couldn't image wanting to sew.  


The award and the fabric store gift certificate was a reminder of how I much I miss the joy I used to get from sewing.  I recently tried to make a new dress in the colours of the Portuguese flag as a way to cheer Portugal on in the Euro Cup matches.  It ended up being a failed attempt much like Portugal's bid to repeat their 2016 victory.  Sometimes I think I should stick to facemasks and scrub caps.  Something small and meaningful might help get me back in the game?  

At the event there was someone trying to tell me that I should try selling the dresses that I sew and they could design my website.  I was beyond words.  It was like no one knew me.  Or how they perceived me was unrecognizable.  

There are projects I do need to sew.  More panties and things I've promised to make for others.  And hopefully, in the process I hope to find that sewing joy I seemed to have misplaced.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry! {{HUGS}} I hated having no sewing mojo, & what a bummer when you think you project yourself clearly, & someone completely misses the mark

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...