Saturday 10 July 2021

Back to the Basics: The rest of the batch

 


The rest of the panties are hot off the sewing machine.  Finally!  First, Simplicity 8229 is hands-down the best panties pattern that has crossed my sewing table.  I can't recommend this pattern enough.  And sewing these in cotton knit just adds to the comfort.  

I don't know what else to say besides all the zig-zag stitching is a real thread eater.  For the six pairs three bobbins were needed.  I polished off three small spools of thread.  


Project Details

Seams:  Lightning bolt / knit stitch

Seam Finish:  Serged edges, zig-zag stitched elastic.  

Fabric:  3 metres

Elastic:  12 metres picot elastic

Pattern:  Simplicity 8229

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, measuring tape, pins, pin cushions, thread, thread clippers, sewing machine, serger, walking foot and tea breaks.  

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. They look great. As an Acacia undies lover, what is it about this design that you love so much? I would love to know why I might want to try these. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it's about how they fit. The shape of the leg opening and the leg elastic is perfect. I did need to adjust the waistline elastic to be a bit more snug but otherwise I like how they sit at the waistline and that they have nice coverage.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...