Saturday 24 July 2021

A Forgotten Project, Finally Finished: OOP Vogue 1325

In the progress of cleaning up my sewing space a few weeks ago, I discovered a forgotten sewing project.  It's a pair of pants cut from out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 1325 in a beautiful wool suiting fabric.  These pants were cut with a little extra ease on the sides so I suspect that they were cut post-March 2020 when the pandemic pounds starting showing up.  But to be completely honest, I'm not sure when I first cut these out and stitched the front darts. 


If it were today, I don't believe I would have re-visited this pattern.  Instead, I would have reached for a pant pattern that has an elastic back and darted front.  And today, I'm glad that I found these already previously cut.  I forgot how much I like the fit and comfort of this design.  The extra ease added at the sides worked out perfectly in making these wearable today.  

I still love that this pants pattern has a raised waist.  It was released in 2012, a time when below waistline pants and skinny legs pants ruled the fashion landscape.  I also adore the semi-fitted and flared legs which add to the comfort level of this design.  Oh did I mention, it has pockets!  This pattern is a keeper.  I do have another copy of this pattern, uncut, that contains larger sizes if I ever need to go there.  I hope not, and actually hope that I see the day that these will one day be loose on me.  I'm working hard, watching what I eat and adding more exercise into my day.  


There was a hic-up along the way when I forgot how to sew a pant zipper despite having excellent instructions sitting on my sewing table.  What can I say, I must be out of practice.  It took a couple of days sit down and seam rip the stitches and mend my ways.  

The fabric is a beautiful find at the Mitchell Fabric closing sale.  I haven't seen this quality of fabric at a local brick-and-mortar store since Mitchell Fabric closed.  So I'm really glad that these worked out.

 
Project Details

Seams:  2.6 straight stitch

Seam Finishes:  Seam edges are finished on the serger. 

Fabric:  2.1 metres

Interfacing:  0.6 metres

Zipper:  18 cm recycled regular zipper

Pattern:  OOP Vogue 1325 (Anne Klein New York designer pattern)

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Pins, pin cushions, sewing machine, screwdriver, walking foot, blind hem foot, zipper foot, thread clippers, scissors, iron, ironing board, serger, tweezers, threads, measuring tape, measuring gauge, hand sewing needle, and a whole lot of procraftination before this project saw competition.  

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. They look great so far! I erroneously removed a zipper on a pair of pants to find out that I only had wanted to narrow the legs and the waist-bum were fine. Argh. Two nights of picking out. I hear you!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...