Tuesday, 11 November 2014

This Skirt Makes Me Happy!

Stash-busting 2014:  Marcy Tilton Skirt


Fabric:   1.9 metres of cotton knit

Pattern:   Vogue 9060

Oh my, I love how comfortable this skirt is and how easy it was to sew!

The fabric is a recent addition to the stash that I found at Fabricland in a bin as cut pieces. I'm so glad that there was enough for this skirt. It is a textured cotton knit. Recently, there has been 50% off sales and I was able to whip this skirt up at a bargain price. 

The pattern, Vogue 9060, is a newly released Marcy Tilton pattern from their Holiday/Winter line. And get this, 
Skirt can be worn front to back and back to front.  
Goodness, I love that description! And did I mention that it is comfortable? Oh so comfortable. The waistband is cut smaller than the skirt opening and there is no elastic. It has a fold over waistband in two different widths but I even went with a smaller width and have a 1" wide waistband. The pattern recommends using a waistband fabric that has a good recovery. And I find this is sufficient. Unless, I loose some weight I don't see any need for an elastic in the casing.  

Along with the changes to the waistband I also omitted the topstitching. 

I might have to make myself another one of these skirts. I like it that much.  

Happy Sewing!  



4 comments:

  1. I really love this on you-and the floral fabric adds the right feel to the shape of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm most happy with the floral knit, I feared that I wouldn't have enough but I'm so glad I did. And the skirt is so comfortable to wear.

      Delete

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from t...