Saturday, 30 March 2013

March in Review...

As you will see below, I did a horrible job at my stash busting resolution.  Not only have I fallen off the stash-busting wagon, at one point this month I managed to add more fabric than I managed to stash bust this year. Yikes! I will have to try harder next month.

I did quite a lot of sewing this month that is not featured on this month's review, my Lenten Sewing projects took a great deal of my allotted sewing time. It was a rewarding experience. I learned a few historical facts that I didn't know about sewing alter linens.

Well, before I get seriously off topic here is what I managed to stash bust this month.

Cardigan for Mama R,
Stretch & Sew by Ann Person No. 200


Shirtdress for Mama R,
modified version of Vintage McCall's 9424
Men's Vest for my nephew,
Simplicity 4763
A dress for moi,
modified version of Vogue 8667



Sew far this year, I managed to stash-bust a total of:

  • 31.91 metres of fabric, 
  • 10 previously unused patterns
  • 4.6 metres of trim
  • 4 zippers
  • 10 spools of thread
  • 3 sewing machine needles
  • 3 snaps,
  • 22 buttons and
  • 1.7 metres of elastic.
And this this year I've added to my stash:

  • 30.4 metres of new fabric
  • 7 Vogue patterns,
  • 1 Simplicity pattern,
  • 1 metre of trim,
  • 7 spools of thread
  • 2 sewing machine needles,
  • 6 buttons
  • 2 new sewing feet
  • 4 metres of elastic.  
Happy Sewing!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pyjama Top: Butterick 6296

I chose this Lisette pattern, Butterick 6296 , as the top half of my pyjama set and mixed up details between view A and B. I wanted ...