Monday, 25 March 2013

Vogue 8667 My Way

Stash Busting 2013:  Project #11


Fabric used:        2.8 metres of embroidered cotton plaid and 1.8 metres of 100% polyester lining. These two fabrics have been 2013 additions to my fabric stash.   

 Zipper used:       22" invisible zipper that has been in my zipper stash for quite some time.  

Thread used:      I finished off three spools of brown thread from my stash.  

Pattern used:      Vogue 8667, circa 2010. This pattern made it to my stash back in 2011 when I viewed so many gorgeous versions of this pattern.

*****
I've made a few changes to my version of this pattern.  
  1. I used the sleeve pattern from Vogue 8821 and lengthened it to a three-quarter length sleeve.  
  2. I added about 4 inches additional length to the skirt. 
  3. Pockets! I love a dress with pockets sew I borrowed the pocket pattern piece from McCall's 6554 
Happy Sewing!  



5 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job. I love how it turned out. The fabric suits the pattern very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! That embroidered cotton plaid looks stunning made up in this pattern. What a MARVELOUS piece!

    ReplyDelete

Some Mistakes Are Worth Repeating...

I made another Eva dress and this time I incorporated the seam allowance error of the first one into this project. The additional width o...