Saturday 2 March 2013

Spring Shopping!

It feels odd talking about spring shopping with so much snow still out there right now. But you would never know it by the display windows around town.

I was out spring shopping, sort of... this week I was tempted to go into the stores and check out what trends are coming out for spring.  I don't need any clothes or shoes. I just wanted to check out what was new. It is exciting to see colour again, like these blue shoes. Aren't they adorable? I just love the retro vibe too.

If these were in my size, I would be sooo very tempted.  {Source}
And I came across a lot of orange which just makes me so happy. I'm quite pleased that emerald is not taking hold on the store racks. Nothing against emerald, it just seems like a fall colour and I'm craving some bright happy colours. Besides, I still have to get around to finishing last year's projects!

I have this 100% orange linen still sitting in my fabric stash from last year. And I still would like to make this dress from Pattern Magic. I can't believe that it has been almost a year since I've wanted to make this. Where has the time gone?

Maybe this year I'll find the time to tackle this project? But for now, I've got to get back to sewing something for someone else.

Happy Sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...