Saturday, 23 March 2013

It is a Beautiful Day to be Sewing!

My sewing mojo has returned! Thankfully, it happened just in time of my seasonal spring lay-off from work. Sewing the next eleven ten days should keep me out of trouble. Hopefully...

{Source}

I finished cutting out all of the pieces, including the lining, for my Vogue 8667 dress. I was able to find a brown invisible zipper in my stash. Yippeee! And I even found in my stash some left over thread from my Vogue 1312 knit dress project a couple of months ago. This should help ease the guilt for the recent fabric shopping spree that I indulged in this week.

Mitchell Fabrics is having a huge sale this week... even their discounted fabrics are reduced further. More about that in a later post. But for now, GO! If you're in the area, you won't be disappointed.

Well, I have a dress to sew. How about you?

Happy Sewing!



3 comments:

  1. Awesome, Graca! Sew happy for you. Have a wonderful time sewing this week-plus. I'm working some overtime today, but hope to start an Elisalex sometime tomorrow. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn right, been sewing all day!

    Mwah!

    bundana x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, I got that email from Mitchell's, and was very sad that I'm so far away from it now. Seriously, that place is my all-time favourite fabric store, and when I come down to visit in May, I'll be arriving with an empty suitcase for all the fabric and yarn shopping. :D

    Happy sewing! I'm planning a sewing day myself today.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday's Mending Pile

During the seasonal wardrobe changeover, I've been pulling out the jumpers (sweaters) and making sure they are ready to go when the cool...