Saturday, 19 September 2026

What The Fudge, Nike and Converse

I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news.  If you want to read about it, here is a link to an article.  It is racist and is worthy of a boycott and should also call for Converse's President and CEO, Aaron Cain, to step down.  Their so called apology is as equally as insulting.  


And it feels, as it should, as empty words.  The ad is out there, people around the world have seen it and are rightfully horrified that such an image made it into the world.  Karina, a South Korean member of a musical group called Aespa is featured in the ad.  How did she even think that this was appropriate?  I have no words.  My heart aches for those living with generational trauma and were hurt by this ad.  Everyone should be hurt by the callousness of this ad.  


And now I confront my own shoes, newly washed and worn in.  They are comfortable and disgusting to look at.  I have no desire to slip my feet into them again.  Let along walk around and advertise these brands with each footstep.  Nike and Converse are American brands and there is a boycott already happening due to the annexation rhetoric and tariffs from the convicted felon but this boycott is something that will last longer than the tariff war.  As for the shoes, they're going in the trash.  

Stand strong, elbows up and keep sewing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What The Fudge, Nike and Converse

I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news.  If you want to read about it, here is a li...