Well, okay not quite. But it did remind me of the red carpet when it was spread out on the floor.
This is the bolt of red taffeta for the Christmas bows. It took almost two hours to cut the widths.
I cut the bolt into three narrower widths. The plan is to to cut these in the required lengths, serge the edges and then finish it with a rolled hem.
But that work will have to wait. My knees need some time to recover from all that crawling around on the floor with a pair of scissors in my hand.
Besides, I really don't want to change the thread on the serger until I finish with the green thread.
It felt great to pick up the pieces for the Vogue 8577 dress.
When I set aside the dress, I had finished sewing the side and shoulder seams for the bodice front. And I had started the bodice lining.
Well, today I was able to sew the side seams and attach the waistband on the bodice lining. Then it was back to work on the bodice.
First, I had to cut interfacing for the collar. The collar is basted onto the bodice. And the stay stitching on the skirt pocket edge got done before I lost steam. Tomorrow, I'll be working on the skirt. The plan is to have it finished this weekend.
And buttons, I really need to find some buttons for this dress. But I haven't found any that jumps out at me. So I think I might have to make some fabric covered buttons for the dress.
Anyway, that's all in sewing news today.