Tuesday 28 September 2021

Decorative Patchwork: Mending Socks



I have to say that I do like this trend of visible mending.  And I'm so way past trying to hide the fact that I'm fixing my clothing.  


This is a good thing since I have quite the collection of socks that need mending and boot wearing season is right around the corner.  


No fancy footwork here.  I just cut out a patch large enough to cover the area I want to fix.  For this I used a 100% wool sweater that I accidently shrunk.  Pulled out a spool of silk thread and got to work hand-stitching rows of tiny straight and diagonal stitches.  

Maybe next time I'll give the technique in the Solution for Life Fix Your Sock video a try.  

Stay Safe and Happy Mending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...