Tuesday 15 December 2020

Top Five Misses

 

Top 5 Misses: We all have fails – now is the time to share the items that never got finished, were unwearable, or just didn’t work out how you wanted!


Early in the year I started on a quest for "the perfect white shirt."  This one is not it. As a matter of fact, this one is a little snug and hasn't yet been worn in public.  Although, the quest has been side-tracked, the hope to make "the perfect white shirt" continues.   


I thought this would turn out to be a wearable muslin. The Burda pattern envelope states it's a petite sized pattern but somehow that was not how it fit.


Shortly after I finished sewing these silk pajama bottoms, pandemic pounds mysteriously appeared and made them unwearable.  I hope to fit into them one day.  


This project never came to be and broke my heart.  


In theory, I thought a pair of corduroy pants would be a cool thing. The fabric for this style of pants was all wrong. 

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. That first photo, the one with the pin tucks was a "fail" for me too. I did not like the fit or how the pin tucks looked so I did the unthinkable and pitched the pattern. Not everything succeeds but if you give yourself permission to fail, you learn more.
    Theresa in Tucson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bueno..... después de todo.... no hay que perder la ilusión.
    Muchos BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...