Saturday 26 December 2020

Headgear Sewing

There has been another request for more scrub caps so I was able to cut nine more from left over pieces of cotton fabric just before Christmas.  You would think that since we're in a lockdown that I might have completed all nine.  Five more from this batch to sew before I search the stash for more cottons.  

I was distracted by the cold weather, the beautiful blanket of snow outside and the need for a new tuque.  So I dug out this 100% wool and got to work on another Toque Pattern by the Littlest Studio, circa 2015.  This one is mine.  Shortly after it came off the sewing machine another request came in so this happened.  


Project Details

Seams:  Lightning bolt / Knit stitch

Seam Finish:  None, all seam allowances are hidden. 

Fabric:  Scrub caps:  3.7 metres; Tuques:  0.8 metres

Patterns:  Free PDF downloadable patterns

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Computer, printer, cutting table, pins, paper scissors, fabric scissors, tailor's chalk, pin cushion, sewing machine, walking foot, thread and tea.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...