Wednesday 9 December 2020

In Sewing News Today...

Over a week and a half ago I started to wonder if the Vogue Winter / Holiday patterns were going to be released.  I'm happy to see the new offerings.  

I am on the hunt for a piece of outwear that could qualify as a car coat.  Something shorter that won't get dirty at the hemline if when it brushes against the car while I try to get seated.  Something short and that I can throw on for quite short errands.  Vogue patterns didn't disappoint with Vogue 1754.  If I did pick up this pattern or wait for it to hit the local stores for pick-up, it would arrive after the Christmas break.  So this year, I'll settle for something else.  

This Sandra Betzina design, Vogue 1756, is lovely.  It is sold as a duster but in my eyes this would be a very sweet shirt dress.  It has some back gathering in the lower part of the back.  

One noticeable aspect of the Winter / Holiday collection is the absence of formal party worthy dresses.  A sign of our pandemic lifestyle with mostly comfortable options being featured.  Since this holiday season will be filled with Zoom style holiday parties this holiday collection has some safe and comfortable options.  

In other new pattern news, I am waiting for the new oversized shirt pattern by The Assembly Line.  


There is a plaid silk fabric pretreated and pressed and waiting for the pattern to arrive.  

Well, that's all in sewing news for today.  What are you hoping to sew?  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...