This pattern, McCall's 8823, has to be one of my favourite dress patterns of sewing years past. It is a Lida Baday design, circa 1997.
It is an unlined pullover dress with a mock back wrap. I made it in a black silk and cotton blend. And it received a lot of wear. It was one comfortable dress.
It has been many moons since I was a size 6 but I've had a difficult time parting with this pattern. It has always been in my plans to try and grade this pattern up several sizes.
Yikes, four sizes up. I did mention it was many moons ago, right? Yup, I am now a size 14. Don't ask me when that happened. All I know it was sometime from many moons ago to now. And I'm good with it, I have no desire to be a size 6 again. I do, however, want to add this dress into my wardrobe again.
Sew, you'll never guess what I stumbled across this evening. Oh my goodness, yes! I found this McCall's pattern in my (current) size over at Etsy. Of course, I ordered it right away. I can't wait for it to get here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Scrap busting: Cotton Panties / OOP Simplicity 8229
There wasn't an urgent need to sew anymore pieces of underwear, just a wee bit of left over cotton knit fabric to use up. This white co...
-
I do love a loose A-line style dress so when I saw versions of the Trapeze dress from Merchant and Mills popping up I was sold and wanted t...
-
Honestly, I had no idea that stirrup pants were trending this year . And I swear I didn't go searching for a stirrup pants pattern to ...
-
One more set of curtains rolled off the worktable this weekend. This pair is made out of 100% cotton sateen sheet fabric. I'm not upcy...
-
It didn't take long for the refashioned slip to end up on the mending pile. After trying it on with this dress , it became evident tha...
-
Here's the latest curtain project. I really like this blue printed cotton fabric. The plan was to turn this fabric into a dress with m...
I love that shape. This is going to be another lovely.
ReplyDelete