Thursday 15 November 2012

Finally, Vogue 1247

{Source}
I finally finished the skirt, Vogue 1247. This is the fifth version of Rachel Comey's skirt awesome-ness. I might have mentioned how much I love this pattern. In case you missed it, here I go again. I can't imagine myself ever getting tired of sewing this skirt. I have plans to make two more in denim, one in blue and the other one in red.

I made this one in a heavy weight navy cotton that has some stretch. It will be perfect for work. I can wear denim at this job so the blue denim version will be a second work skirt.  

Of course, I lengthened it. I also stitched in the ditch around the waistband. I opted for a snap instead of a button for the waistband. Totally thrilled with how the invisible zipper came out and cannot believe that I used to dread sewing invisible zippers. Love it now, who know this day would ever arrive? And I did a blind hem.

And I'm tickled pink with how it turned out and that it is finally finished.  Now, what's next?

UPDATE:  So, I was hired to work part-time at a major retail opening up in Winnipeg the end of the month. At orientation, last month, we were told that we could wear skirts. It is even listed in the employee handbook. And it is the reason that I made a skirt in navy. Today, while picking up my "uniform" (a black and white polo shirt) I was told that no skirts are allowed. Bummer. Black or dark blue jeans yes, but no skirts. Guess I can forget about the plans to make a blue denim version.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...