Thursday 28 March 2013

Oh Baby, Baby Blue.

Stash Busting 2013:  Project #13

Fabric Used:        1.7 metres of lace knit. This fabric has been in my stash for well over a decade. 

Thread Used:       1 spool polished off. 

Pattern Used:       Stretch & Sew, No. 200, circa 1967. 


*****
Can you believe that I made this from start to finish in less than two hours? It's true.  

This is another project for Mama R, she is always looking for a cardigan style sweater whenever we are out shopping. And she always comes home empty handed. I don't know why I didn't think about sewing a cardigan sweater for her before.

The pattern I used has been in my stash for a long, long time. It is a vintage ladies raglan sleeve pattern by Ann Person. I picked up this pattern back-in-the-day when I lived in Toronto. There are only four pattern pieces and the pattern can be made in a front buttoned cardigan, pullover or square neck style. I chose to make it as a opened cardigan style.

The fabric I used has also been in my stash for a long, long time. I thought it was pretty when I bought it and that was the only reason that I picked it up. I had no idea what it would become when I made the purchase.

I'm not sure what the fabric is all I know is that it is a lace knit. And it was tricky to cut. I discovered while cutting out this project that my coffee cut makes a handy-dandy weight.

I finished the seams and edge with the serger and then used the twin needle for stretch fabrics to turn over the edges and stitch in place.

I'm pleased with how it turned out. The only problem is that Mama R is teasing that she'll need a new dress to go with it. I know she is not joking, she has a crepe satin that she would like me to turn into a dress. The crepe satin would match this perfectly.


 Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...