Have you checked out the new pattern line from McCall's? It is called Fashion Star after the name of the most annoying reality television program. Sorry, to anyone who enjoys the show but I'm not entertained by the heavy-on-the-dance music and celebrity/musician turned designer mentors. I only watched two episodes (the second and third) and Yikes!
That said, I do like the first four patterns that McCall's has released under the Fashion Star label. I'm surprised that they didn't chose any of the menswear designs that appeared on the show. Those were fabulous designs.
McCall's 6552: I would never make this maxi dress for myself. But I do think that it looks like a good beginners pattern for someone with the height to pull it off.
McCall's 6553: This one I would make. I would change the back closure to a zipper though.
McCall's 6554: Cute! I like the square neckline, empire waistline and fuller skirt.
McCall's 6556: The dress is not my style (maybe if I were 20 years younger and 30 pounds lighter) but I like the upper back design of the slip (it would be easy to draft my own).
What do you think of this new line of reality television patterns (Project Runway and Fashion Star)? Yea or nah? And what do you think about the absence of the menswear pieces even though the buyers from major retailers on Fashion Star loved them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stash busting: Knit Stirrup Pants / OOP Vogue 7630
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
This is my wearable toile version of the Kyoto Vest by Tessuti Patterns . The pattern has been sitting in the stash for nearly a decade ....
-
There wasn't an urgent need to sew anymore pieces of underwear, just a wee bit of left over cotton knit fabric to use up. This white co...
-
Source : Women shirtwaist makers, 1909 Courtesy of Kheel Center, Cornell University This weekend, actually today, we're celebrating La...
-
I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news. If you want to read about it, here is a li...
-
This pair of wool pull-on pants has been gifted. They are made with out-of-print (OOP) Simplicity 2372. I don't know what to say about...




No comments:
Post a Comment