Monday 2 April 2012

Fashion Star by McCall's

Have you checked out the new pattern line from McCall's? It is called Fashion Star after the name of the most annoying reality television program. Sorry, to anyone who enjoys the show but I'm not entertained by the heavy-on-the-dance music and celebrity/musician turned designer mentors. I only watched two episodes (the second and third) and Yikes!

That said, I do like the first four patterns that McCall's has released under the Fashion Star label. I'm surprised that they didn't chose any of the menswear designs that appeared on the show. Those were fabulous designs.


McCall's 6552: I would never make this maxi dress for myself. But I do think that it looks like a good beginners pattern for someone with the height to pull it off.


McCall's 6553: This one I would make. I would change the back closure to a zipper though.


McCall's 6554: Cute! I like the square neckline, empire waistline and fuller skirt.


McCall's 6556: The dress is not my style (maybe if I were 20 years younger and 30 pounds lighter) but I like the upper back design of the slip (it would be easy to draft my own).

What do you think of this new line of reality television patterns (Project Runway and Fashion Star)? Yea or nah? And what do you think about the absence of the menswear pieces even though the buyers from major retailers on Fashion Star loved them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...