Friday 6 April 2012

Easter Sewing

It is always this time of year that I longingly look at little kids' sewing patterns. I had sewn Easter outfits for my niece and nephews when they were wee ones. That was many moons ago. My brothers and I would hide Easter chocolates around their Grandparents' home where we would gather for a family meal. And I couldn't wait to give the kids the hand made gifts of Easter finery to wear.

Her Easter Bonnet!  

My favourite Easter outfit that I made for my niece was a red floral print cotton dress from McCall's patterns. It had contrasting bias tape that I made and hand stitched in place and cute red flower shaped buttons down the front. I made her a matching hat too. I only have a picture of her wearing her hat.

I loved sewing children clothes for my niece and nephews. And McCall's has some beautiful kids patterns to chose from.

So sew does Vogue! Teresa Layman Designs were not around when my niece was a wee little one and I never made her a smocked dress. I wish I found a pattern like these back in the day.

I've never made a Vogue kids dress either, I was a fan of McCall's kids line of patterns back then. But check out what Vogue has to offer today, they are stunning:




Doesn't smocking and Easter dressing go so well together? How about you, do you have little ones to sew a special Easter outfit for?

Happy Sewing & Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...