There has been no sewing, as I've been busy fighting a fierce cold. It is a really ugly fight. Let's just say that I've been wearing my pj's all weekend.
The pockets found on Simplicity 2289 are perfect for holding an ample supply of tissues, my Vicks inhaler and Ricola cough candies.
I think I might have to dig this pattern out of the file cabinet and make myself another version of this when I'm feeling better.
Despite my unproductive state at my sewing table, I have managed to read the newspapers today. This article just had me purring, then coughing, and then wanting to purr some more.
I don't know if I mentioned it before but my favourite eyeglass shape are cat-eyed frames. I've been on the hunt for an authentic vintage pair for some time now. But I think others have caught on how fabulous they are and I'm still hunting.
It was nice to read that this fabulous style is making a come-back and maybe if I don't happen to pounce on a vintage pair, I'll have options to score a retro inspired pair of frames.
And on to more exciting news! There will be a Sewing Fundraiser held here in Winnipeg. The small announcement hidden in the back pages under Philanthropy Briefs jumped out of the page. It is a fundraising event for a sewing program at The West Central Women's Resource Centre. An evening of theatre and music to help a worthy program, love it! May 5 @ the West End Cultural Centre.
Well, that's all in sewing news. I'm off to make a cup of Miso soup and head back to bed.
Happy Sewing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stash busting: Knit Stirrup Pants / OOP Vogue 7630
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
This is my wearable toile version of the Kyoto Vest by Tessuti Patterns . The pattern has been sitting in the stash for nearly a decade ....
-
Source : Women shirtwaist makers, 1909 Courtesy of Kheel Center, Cornell University This weekend, actually today, we're celebrating La...
-
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news. If you want to read about it, here is a li...
-
This pair of wool pull-on pants has been gifted. They are made with out-of-print (OOP) Simplicity 2372. I don't know what to say about...
No comments:
Post a Comment