I am using a light-weight striped denim that I found in the sale bin for dirt cheap. If it doesn't work I can live with that [fingers still crossed].
I did some adjusting when cutting out the pattern though.
I was worried how it tapered towards the hemline sew I added some additional width at the bottom of the skirt and eliminated the back slit.
Next, I played around with the length because I'm looking for a skirt that is below the knee.
I have this put aside as an afternoon sewing project for this weekend. If it works as well as I hope [fingers still crossed] I have some striped silk for another version.