Friday 1 September 2023

Butterfly T-shirt: OOP Vogue 9057 / Vogue 1733


The fabric is the same as the fabric used for the butterfly t-shirt I made last month.  The sizing is different as this one is for a taller person.

The Pattern

Out-of-print Vogue 9057 has been in the pattern stash for years and I've used it many times before.  It has become a TNT pattern for me with some modifications.  This time a round I'm using it for someone else and using one of the previously made t-shirts to check the fit.   There were some more modifications to accommodate length preferences.  I kept the same changes to the neckline and flared out the front and back pattern pieces one and a half inches from the centers (less ease than the first butterfly print t-shirt).  The sleeve pattern was lengthened five inches and the hem was lengthened six inches.  

I have it listed here as an out-of-print pattern but it's actually the number, Vogue 9057, that seems to have been retired.  This Marcy Tilton design can still be found relisted as Vogue 1733.   


Fabric

The fabric is a cotton knit from Northwest / Marshall Fabrics.  There wasn't much left on the bolt of the purple butterfly print but they also have two other colours shown here.  

It is a cotton knit and the quality and hand of this fabric is what drew me to it in the first place.  And then throw in that this is a comfortable knit to wear.  It was pretreated with a tumble through the wash cycle and dryer before hitting the ironing board for a light press.  Then it was onto to cutting table.  


Project Details

Seams:  Knit stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  2 metres

Knit 'N Stable tape:  2.5 metres


Pattern
:  OOP Vogue 9057 / Currently listed as Vogue 1733

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushion, fabric scissors, tailor's chalk, measuring tape, measuring gauge, straight ruler, Janome sewing machine, Janome serger, threads, thread clippers, iron, ironing board and chai tea.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...