Wednesday 27 September 2023

Half Slip Plus More: OOP Butterick 5790


This half slip is going to replace this one.  You see, last year when I made that half slip, I cut the fabric so that the stretch was going in the wrong direction.  Oops.  I tried to wear it over the winter but I found my movement restricted when climbing up the stairs.  Like I said, oops.  

This, you can say is my redemption slip and so I have something to prevent static cling during the winter while wearing a knit skirt or dress.  Fingers crossed.  

The fabric is a polyester knit.  It's not my personal favourite fabric to sew or wear but it was in the stash for decades now and it works for this project.  There is more of this fabric left and I'll finish using up the yardage to make some more camisoles.

Talking about camisoles, one more came off the sewing machine last night.  This latest version is exactly like the one made and blogged about yesterday.  And like the previous version, it was gifted.  


Project details

Seams:  Knit stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  0.8 metres (slip) + 0.5 metres (undershirt)

Elastic:  0.9 metres


Pattern
(slip):  OOP Butterick 5790

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, fabric scissors, pins, pin cushion, Janome sewing machine, Janome serger, polyester threads, thread clippers, safety pins and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...