Tuesday 30 November 2021

November in Review...

Sewing

There was sewing this month but not quite what I thought would cross over my sewing table.  The microwave cozies, face mask and the top were requested and gifted to others.  The wrap dress was also gifted and is now being worn as a housecoat.  

The remaining items, the turtleneck dresses and reusable coffee filters I'm wearing and cherishing.  


Plans are Things That Change

At the beginning of the month, I was thinking about sewing myself a new winter coat.  That was until this vintage find crossed my path at a second hand store.  I wasn't looking for a coat.  It was more like it found me.  


It was a steal of a deal and it fits.  Double score.  So there is no need to sew a new coat especially since this one will certainly keep me warm in the most brutal conditions that a prairie winter can dish out.  I'm all set for winter.  

And I did plan to sew another Box Pleat dress by The Assembly Line but that hasn't happened.  With a few days of colder temperatures, turtleneck dresses seemed like a better plan.  To be honest, I've put sewing another Box Pleat dress out of my mind, for now anyway.  

I Craft, Therefore I am a Cheater Crafter.  

Yes, that is right.  I was cheating on my sewing projects and turned to crafting projects this month.  I even broke down and purchased a glue gun.  I never imagined that happening.  Ever!  But here I am owning a glue gun.   What can I say, plans change.  
 

The Month's Stats

Output

Fabric:  12.5 metres (November) + 76.8 metres, 6 towels and 1 recycled skirt (previous months) = 89.3 metres, 6 towels and 1 recycled skirt.  

Zippers:  1 - 20 cm invisible zipper (November) + 1 - 20 cm regular zipper and 1 - 55 cm invisible (previous months) = 3

Buttons:  0 (November) + 37 (previous months) = 37

Seam binding:  0 (November) + 34.6 metres (previous months) = 34.6 metres

Knit 'N Stable tape:  2 metres (November) + 9.55 metres (previous months) = 11.55 metres

Elastic:  0 (November) + 19 metres (previous months) = 19 metres

Twill tape:  0 (November) + 0.5 metres (previous months) = 0.5 metres

Thread:  0 metres (November) + 5 300 metres (previous months) = 5 300 metres 

Sewing machine needles:  1 (November) + 6 (previous months) = 7

Hand sewing needles:  0 (November) + 1 (previous months) = 1

Sewing Labels:  0 (November) + 6 (previous months) = 6

Sewing patterns:  2 (November) + 6 (previous months) = 8


Input

Fabric:  4.5 metres (November) + 62.1 metres (previous months) = 66.6 metres

Elastic:  0 (November) + 4 metres (previous months) = 4 metres

Buttons:  0 (November) + 22 (previous months) = 22

Sewing patterns:  0 (November) + 9 (previous months) = 11

Seam binding:  0 (November) + 3 metres (previous months) = 21.25 metres

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...