Friday 26 November 2021

Holiday Gift Ideas #2: Face Masks

I'm actually surprised that I am still getting requests for face masks.  A request for one more came this week.  It's easier than a year ago to source supplies so that is positive.  It makes sewing this project an easier task.  The Dhurata Davies face mask pattern is one of the best fitting face mask patterns I've come across.  And even though it requires nine darts across three layers, it is worth the effort.  

I only made one change to the pattern.  I extended the length at the casings for the elastic.  It give the face mask more coverage and a tighter fit across the face.  Coverage and fit are key.  


With news emerging today from the World Health Organization about Omicron, the newest variant of concern, it looks like face masks will continue to be an essential piece of our wardrobes.  


So why not add a couple new ones into the Christmas stockings this year?  It's a perfect way to use up remnants / scraps of fabric.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...