Monday 1 November 2021

In Sewing News Today...

You've heard me rant about the cost of everything is going up, right?  Here's another one, feel free to skip down three paragraphs.  I've been trying to de-stash my pattern collection.  I'm no longer a size six.  It's hard to imagine that I ever was once upon a time.  Would you believe there are patterns from forty some years ago when I was a wee lass starting out on my sewing journey?  


But I digress... 

I sold two patterns recently and stopped by the post office to mail them.  One is heading to Australia and the other to the United States.  Both patterns ended up costing over ten dollars to mail.  Has the world gone mad?  

So I've had to spend my weekend adjusting the price to ship on the pattern listings to reflect the inflation on everything craze.  I would have rather spend my time sewing.  

Yup, I just typed those words.  It looks like my sewing mojo has returned.  


Out-of-print (OOP) Simplicity 2372 has returned to the cutting table.  It's been about four years since I broke out this pattern.  I'm just in the process of pressing the fabric before I get to work cutting the next sewing project.  I hope to have it cut out by the end of the day.  


And I'm thinking about sewing a new winter coat.  The same pattern, OOP Vogue 8934, as the previous winter coat pattern I used from three years ago.  I do like the fit.  

I do have thoughts of sewing other projects before the coat.  


A better fitting box pleat dress is on top of my list.  Yup, the sewing mojo is back.  And with a grateful heart in midst of all this out-of-control inflation taking hold, I have everything I need in the stash.  So thankful that I have what I need here and ready to go.  Here's to a productive November and successful sewing projects.  .  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Mine is back too- I just cut out 2 dresses! My back is complaining though. Oh well, I'll be at the machine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee, on the sewing mojo coming back! Sorry to read about your back. I get that, I used to cut multiple projects at a time. Not anymore, now there are stretching breaks worked into the cutting process. And I couldn't if I want to cut from the floor now-a-days. I hope your back is better soon!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your sewing projects. I am making some trousers with elastic waist, but adding lots of pockets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, I really like the comfort of elastic waist trousers. Happy sewing is all in the pockets!

      Delete
  3. Inflation is making my stash look awfully inviting.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...