Sunday 31 October 2021

October in Review...

Quilt pattern from this site

Well, I guess I should start off with wishing all the trick 'n treaters a safe and happy Hallowe'en this evening.  Did anyone spend part of their October sewing costumes or decorations?  Not I, but there was some spookiness going on... 

There wasn't a lot of success in my sewing this month.  I know, SCARY!  


The one dress that I made was several sizes too big.  Even though I've been losing some weight, I didn't lose that much.  The SCARY part is that I cut a beautiful cotton instead of sewing a toile.  And it was the last of the bolt, so there is no going back for more.  Oh well.  The other sewing was a charity / gift project that was not well received and that broke my heart.  My intention was good even though they are sitting unused and untouched.  And there were more sewing bloopers as well, as a jean jacket project was abandoned and still haunts me.  lol, I couldn't resist.  I promise, no more Halloween puns.  

And then some strange witchcraft happened:  


Yeah, a successful sewing project.  Happy Halloween indeed!  



Output

Fabric:  12.60 metres and 6 towels (October)  + 64.2 metres and 1 recycled skirt (previous months) = 76.8 metres, 6 towels and 1 recycled skirt.  

Zippers:  0 (October) + 1 - 20 cm regular zipper and 1 - 55 cm invisible (previous months) = 2

Buttons:  2 (October) + 35 (previous months) = 37

Seam binding:  24.6 metres (October) + 10 metres (previous months) = 34.6 metres

Knit 'N Stable tape:  0.05 metres (October) + 9.5 metres (previous months) = 9.55 metres

Elastic:  0 (October) + 19 metres (previous months) = 19 metres

Twill tape:  0 (October) + 0.5 metres (previous months) = 0.5 metres

Thread:  1 - 1 200 metres (October) + 4 100 metres (previous months) = 5 300 metres 

Sewing machine needles:  0 (October) + 6 (previous months) = 6

Hand sewing needles:  0 (October) + 1 (previous months) = 1

Sewing Labels:  5 (October) + 1 (previous months) = 1

Sewing patterns:  3 (October) + 3 (previous months) = 6


Input

Fabric:  5 metres (October) + 57.1 metres (previous months) = 62.1 metres

Elastic:  0 (October) + 4 metres (previous months) = 4 metres

Buttons:  0 (October) + 22 (previous months) = 22

Sewing patterns:  2 (October) + 9 (previous months) = 11

Seam binding:  18.25 metres (October) + 3 metres (previous months) = 21.25 metres

Stay Safe, Happy Halloween and Keep Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...