Friday 1 October 2021

Sewing for Others: Bibs

The latest project to come off the sewing machine is an item to be gifted.  I found this pattern over at sewing.org under their charitable sewing and craft projects section.  


It's a feeding bib, and I really like the length on this one because it covers the front and down to the lap.  I used the pattern as a guide for the neck opening and the velcro closure idea.  The width I was inspired to adjust based on the width of a towel I used.  It was only slightly wider.  


The other side is a layer of 100% cotton and the two fabrics were attached with seam binding.  I couldn't find any white seam binding in the stash, so I just went with what I had on hand.  

I'm defiantly go to revisit this pattern and make some more.  I'm not sure how many towels there are to sacrifice for the project but I'll check what other suitable fabrics might be hiding in the stash.  


Project Details

Seams:  2.6 straight stitch length

Seam finish:  Binding

Fabric:  1 towel + 1 metre 

Seam binding:  1 package / 3.65 metres

Pattern:  Free

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, pins, tailor's chalk, sewing machine and tweezers.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...