Saturday 30 October 2021

Pullover Top: Vogue 9317

Hello, Vogue 9317!  How this pattern sat in the stash this long I don't know.  Oh wait, lost sewing mojo, that's right.  I should have known that a quick, easy and cleverly designed Marcy Tilton pattern would jump start my sewing mojo.  And it's comfortable too.  

Added bonus, I've lost enough weight to revisit these wool dress pants, out-of-print Vogue 1325, and it goes perfectly with this top.  Win!  I love it when that happens.  

Back to Vogue 9317:  this is one well drafted pattern and I really like how the tucks found on this design are just a suggestion.  Marcy Tilton encourages you to be creative in her instructions to add them or leave them off.  

I kept only one tuck on the front.  There is enough ease to add them all but I found my fabric choice to lean towards the less is more dial.  Sew, I kept it simple.  If my fabric was a knit or had more drape I would have added more tucks on the front.  

On the back I stayed with the suggested tucks as I like the shaping it achieved.  


The fabrics are a combination of a city scape printed panel (two panels were used) and a taupe coloured linen fabric.  I found the panel pieces at Northwest Fabrics and the linen is from Fabricland.  If I had a third panel I could have pulled off a city scape printed top.  I'm glad I didn't because I do like how these two fabrics mix together.  

I originally planned on sewing sleeves and cut out the pattern pieces out in the linen, but as it came together I decided to go sleeveless.  The neckline and armholes were finished with store bought seam binding.  


Project Details

Seams:  2.2 to 2.8 straight stitch

Seam Finish:  Serged interior edges, seam binding on armholes and neckline.  

Fabrics:  3 metres (2 panel pieces and 1 metre of linen)

Seam binding:  2 metres

PatternVogue 9317

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushions, tailor's chalk, measuring tape, measuring gauge, ruler, sewing machine, serger, threads, tweezers, scissors, thread clippers, mini vacuum and a nap.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. The top looks great on you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is classy! If I saw you in the store I would have to stop you and give you a compliment on the lovely top. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...