Monday 25 October 2021

Box Pleat Dress by The Assembly Line: D:101

 Sometimes, you just need some colourful fabric to try and cheer yourself up.  

I picked up the last bit of this 100% canvas fabric from the home décor section of the fabric store for the only reason that I was smitten of the print and colours.  Too bad I didn't test out the pattern before I cut out this project.  I certainly could have gone down about two sizes!  

This is the Box Pleat Dress by The Assembly Line and considering that it is the third pattern that I have tried from their line I should have known better.  Sizing aside (I made this one in a size large), this pattern is lovely.  No complaints.  Only praise!  


My favourite part of this pattern, besides the fact that it has pockets, is the construction of the back box pleat.  The engineering behind the scenes is clever.  

Next version, besides cutting out the correct size, I would like to narrow the width of the sleeves.  Maybe something like the sleeves from the Tulip Dress pattern.  And I'll keep in mind that raising the height of the pockets was a good idea.  


Project Details

Seams:  2.6 straight stitch

Seam Finish:  Serged, neckline was finished with seam binding

Fabric:  2.1 metres

Seam binding:  0.6 metres

PatternD:101, The Assembly Line

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, thread clippers, pins, pin cushion, tailor's chalk, ruler, measuring tape, measuring gauge, weights, seam ripper, sewing machine, threads, serger, tweezers, mini vacuum, iron, ironing board and TED talks.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!  

1 comment:

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...