Monday 18 October 2021

It Wasn't Meant to Be (Blooper After Sewing Blooper): Butterick 6376

I'm waving the white flag on this one.  I give up.  There has been too many sewing bloopers associated with this project.  My heart is not into it anymore.  


Interfacing was an issue.  I didn't want to go out and pick up new interfacing in light of everything under the sun being affected by pandemic influenced inflation.  My first thought was to utilize cotton fabric that I had in the stash until Bunny reminded me in the comment section that interfacing should be similar in weight to the fashion fabric.  She's right.  I then deep dived into my interfacing stash and found enough of a remnant piece of fusible horsegrain interfacing for the job.  With some creative and careful placement of the pattern pieces I was able to cut what was needed.  

The problem with the interfacing was actually not a problem with the interfacing rather an error with my cutting and measuring.  And then throw in that I used a fusible interfacing. ~sigh~

Not only did it make for challenging pressing, the bulk of it all looked horrible on the right side.  

Did I mention the miscalculations and mess I made with attaching the collar?  Oh boy!  


I clipped one side of the collar at the wrong spot not once, twice.  

I'm not happy with how it looks and I give up.  I'm not going to trash this fabric.  I'll try to salvage what I can, maybe use it for bag making.  Who knows.  But as far as a new denim jacket, this project is shelved.  

I think if I return to the cutting table, I'll be looking for something simple.  Hopefully in bright colours.  Something happy, I could use a happy satisfying project.  I need to find the joy that been missing at the sewing workspace.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad so much went wrong on this! Even though I know it can (and will) happen, it's still a blow when it does. Especially when it happens on something I have really high hopes for. Why doesn't it happen on those "meh, may as well sew *something* with this fabric I have no idea why I bought" ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to know when to fold'em. You will definitely find something to do with all that denim, maybe even the details. Move on to something bright and lively, even if it is a simple little zip bag or a slouch hat. Color so refreshes our psyche.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...