Monday 22 November 2021

In Sewing News Today...

There is a lot of preparations to do this week. 

This coming Sunday will be the start of Advent.  

And there is festive and reflective crafting and sewing going on in preparation!  


Last year, I think it was sometime last year, I tried to do a rolled hem on this table cloth.  

It's not pretty, I know.  

It was the best that I could manage with the serger that I had at the time.  


It was on it's last leg.  

The threads kept breaking and there were less than desirable results on the stitching.  

It was time for an upgrade.  

I put it off for way too long.  

And then another serger came my way but it was in worse shape than the old one I had on my table.  

A vintage Pfaff serger that hadn't been used for years.  

It would have cost a small fortune to repair and replace the missing accessories.  

I donated it instead, I just couldn't justify the investment it would take to bring it up to working condition.  


Eventually, I broke down and upgraded the serger this summer.  


Oh my goodness, what a difference the new serger makes to my sewing.  I'm so grateful for the equipment and the ability to create.  

Check out that rolled hem!  

It has a air threading system.  

It's saving my wrists.  

My sewing has slowed lately due to sore wrists.  

Might be due to all the recent snow shoveling.  

It was wet snow.  

It couldn't be due to sewing?  

No.  [insert a dash of denial here].  

And there was some crafting.  

I never thought I would own a glue gun.  

But here I am owning one.  


I've been hot gluing faux pears, cardinals and poinsettias.  

I was going to use some leftover red wool fabric, from this project, to make red bows for the wreaths. 

That was until I found the white velvet poinsettias.  

Now, I'm thinking about using the red wool and wool knit fabric to sew and donate mittens.  


 
Maybe I'll sneak in a pair for moi, as well.  

It will have to wait for a wee bit.  

Next up though, I want to work on the Advent wreath.  

I've picked up Advent candles.  

Now, I'm thinking about sewing something to label the Prophet, Bethlehem, Shepherd and Angel candles.  

So many holiday sewing projects to do!  

How about you?  

Any holiday sewing and crafting projects on your sewing table this year?  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...