Monday 15 November 2021

Happy Odd Sock Day!

I kid you not, there is actually an Odd Sock Day!  It's today.  The day was created in 2017 to bring awareness to issues of bullying.  

Today, I'm spreading the word through the blog, not through my socks.  Today it's all about wearing tights and winter boots.  It's icy out there!  But I digress... 

Back to socks, have you ever sewn a pair of socks? 

Not knit or crocheted socks, but actually sewn a pair.  

There is a few patterns out there if you feel like giving it a whirl.  There are a few PDF sock patterns designed to be sewn found on Etsy.  Jalie even has a pattern for socks!  


Stay Safe, Keep Sewing and Happy Odd Sock Day!



4 comments:

  1. Have you done it and if so, how did it work out? This has intrigued me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made these socks a couple of years ago when we went to Europe. I made them out of scrap merino as my sons feet sweat so much. They had minimal stretch but so comfy, warm and easy to wash and dry overnight. So easy!

      Delete
    2. No Bunny, I haven't sewn a pair of socks yet. I have some lovely lightweight wool left over from the turtleneck dress that I recently made that has me thinking that I should give it a try. Stay tuned, a review should appear hopefully soon!

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the reply and review of this pattern Summer Flies! I would love to give sock sewing a try, something different from sock mending. Lately, I can't seem to keep up with all the visible mending needed on my RTW socks.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...