Monday 29 February 2016

February in Review...

Sewing:

Sewing has taken a hit this month as I was feeling under the weather with a stomach flu in the beginning of the month. And I'm ending the month by putting in longer hours at work and fighting a cold. It kind of puts a damper on any thoughts of sewing. Despite this, I was able to make hide many sewing bloopers within the few seams I sewed and came out with one completed project: a new shirt dress.

I'm currently working on a cape that is taking me much longer to complete than I anticipated it would take to make.


RTW Fast:

No ready-to-wear items made it into my wardrobe and I wasn't even been tempted. Woohoo!

Mind you feeling under the weather and all those pastel colours found in the retail landscape helped with the lack of temptation.


Stats:


Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash this year
Basting Tape
0
0.40 metres
0
Bias Tape
0.01 metres
0.01 metres
0
Buttons
14
15
0
Chain
0
0
0
Elastic
0
0.8 metres
0
Fabric
2.5 metres
13.35 metres
20.5 metres
Hand needles
0
0
0
Hook and Eyes
0
0
0
Interfacing
0.30 metres
0.30 metres
10 metres
Lace trim
0
0
0
Pattern (new)
0
4
5
Pattern (previously used)
1
2
0
Ribbon
0.50 metres
0.50 metres
0
Serger needles
0
0
0
Serger thread
0
0
0
Sewing machine needles
3
3
0
Snaps
0
0
0
Thread
0
2
22
Trim
0
0
1.8 metres
Velcro
0
0
0
Zipper
0
1
0

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...