Monday 1 February 2016

Monday's Mending Pile

This week I had to tend to a pair of my own pants. These pants have been sitting in the mending pile for a couple of months now. Yeah, I really don't like mending. 

American painter, Kenton Nelson: Mending
{Source}

The issue:  a fallen hem. These 100% wool pants are perfect winter workwear so it was high time that they made it out of the mending pile. 

The pants were previously hemmed on the sewing machine using the blind hem foot. The hem started to come apart in some spots and was starting to become noticeable when I was walking up and down stairs. This time I hand-stitched the hem since I didn't want to search for beige thread and fill a bobbin for such a small task.  


Time to complete this task:  20 minutes + hundreds of hours of procrastination.  

Happy Sewing!  


1 comment:

  1. haha "...and hundreds of hours of procrastination" yes, I am there too.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...