Sunday 6 December 2015

Pullover Top

Stash-busting 2015:  Polka-dot Top

I first made this top back in 2011 for Mama R. She wasn't all that smitten over it when I first made it for her but recently she has been asking me for another saying that it is a comfortable style to wear with pants [insert eye-brow raise]. Of course, I was happy to make another one.  


The Pattern:



OOP Butterick 5561 is a lovely pattern, well drafted and easy to put together. I have no complaints about this pattern. I've even made a version for myself many years ago. I love the raglan sleeves, the dart at the shoulder is perfectly placed. The pleat in the front is my favourite detail. If you come across this out-of-print pattern I would highly recommend giving it a try.


The only alterations made were shortening the length of the top and sleeves.  


The Fabric:

Goodness, this fabric has been in my stash for longer than I care to remember. Maybe, decades. I couldn't even honestly tell you where I picked it up.


It is a light-weight polyester crepe with a beautiful drape. The fabric was pretreated with a tumble in the washing machine and dryer and pressed with a light iron.   


The Stats:

Fabric:      2 metres, I couldn't tell you how much I paid for this piece of fabric.  

Pattern:     OOP Butterick 5561, already priced out in previous versions.

Interfacing:  0.2 metres of fusible interfacing. 

Thread:      Finished off one spool of thread.  

Happy Sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...