Saturday 24 September 2011

So missed sewing...

I'm not completely over my cold, still sneezing and coughing but thankfully the jack-hammer-inside-my-head feeling is gone.  So I have no excuses for not getting back to the Marcy Tilton jacket.

The pattern instructions suggest marking the stitching line around the corners of the pocket. I did not do this this on the first jacket I made and even though it worked out the first time, I would highly recommend following this tip. I also basted around the pockets, and everything came together nicely.


This is the view from the right side of the fabric. Of course, it needs some pressing.

The pleated peplum is the most challenging part of the jacket.

Although I'm not a my peak energy level, I am kind of happy with what I've accomplished today.

Lets see:

*  Finish sewing cuffs, check!

*  Sew sleeves onto bodice, check!

*  Sew narrow hem on pleated peplum piece, check!

*  Don't screw up pockets, check!

I think I can call it a night and feel good about what I accomplished today.


Besides, the next step is the facing.  That is where I made a sewing mistake on the first one.

I think I'll save that part for the morning when I'm bright eyed and ... well, you know what I mean.

Happy sewing dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...