Have you seen Bill Cunningham New York? It is a documentary film released earlier this spring. I saw it this weekend and quite enjoyed it.
Bill Cunningham is an eighty-two year old cycling fashion photographer with The New York Times.
He would be best described as a cultural anthropologist documenting street fashion in New York City. A fascinating documentary capturing passion in action and a look at the modest and charming man behind the photographs.
The movie will certainly give you something to think about as Cunningham cycles past a protest to save fashion industry jobs. Cunninghman, observing the world around him with his camera lens, is also astute about the fashion industry. Fashion, Cunningham reveals, is more than getting dressed, corporate profits, recycling designer ideas, functionality, uniformality, it's about...
You really didn't think I would spoil it for you? Go see it before I give too much away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stash busting: Knit Stirrup Pants / OOP Vogue 7630
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
This is my wearable toile version of the Kyoto Vest by Tessuti Patterns . The pattern has been sitting in the stash for nearly a decade ....
-
There wasn't an urgent need to sew anymore pieces of underwear, just a wee bit of left over cotton knit fabric to use up. This white co...
-
Source : Women shirtwaist makers, 1909 Courtesy of Kheel Center, Cornell University This weekend, actually today, we're celebrating La...
-
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
This pair of wool pull-on pants has been gifted. They are made with out-of-print (OOP) Simplicity 2372. I don't know what to say about...
No comments:
Post a Comment